Whether you drive a supercharged John Cooper Mini Cooper S or a turbo charged Mini Cooper coupe, your Mini has been designed to provide you with exceptional performance for years to come. Specialized training, equipment and quality Mini parts are keys to ensuring that your Mini Cooper continues to power through the road. If Mini owners should get anything out of this post it’s this, you should only trust qualified service facilities and shops to take care of your vehicle. German Auto Center shop owner, Len Gilmore, helps explain 10 things Mini Cooper owners should look for when reviewing a Mini Cooper Service Shop or Repair center.
Below are “The 10 Things to Look for When Searching for a Mini Cooper Repair & Service Shop:”
1. Mini Cooper Experience: To properly service and repair your Mini, it’s critical that the technicians working on your vehicle have the experience and training specific to Mini. Most general auto shops don’t have specialized technicians leaving a lot of room for error that can lead to costly repairs down the road.
2. Mini Cooper Equipment and Tools: To properly work on your Mini Cooper, it’s critical that the technician have access to Mini specific diagnostic equipment and tools. The diagnostic and control systems on your Mini are specific to your vehicle and can only be accurately read with a current Mini Cooper diagnostic systems.
3. Time in Business: You should consider how long a facility has been operational when selecting a service partner. The length of business can be a strong indicator of trust and overall knowledge of the staff.
4. Customer feedback: It is always recommended that when selecting a service partner for your Mini Cooper to look at what other Mini owners are saying. Ask around, check online review sites like Google+, Yelp and others and most importantly stop by and visit with the shop owner or manager of the facility.
5. Quality Mini Cooper Parts: Be sure that your service partner has direct access to Mini genuine parts. Many shop owners claim to use OEM parts, however they may not have access to Mini genuine parts. Next time, ask your service provider: “Do you have access to all Mini Cooper parts including TRP or Theft Relevant Parts such as shifters, transmission and engine control modules and keys?” These items must be programmed specifically to your vehicle and require special equipment and authorization from Mini.
6. Expert Staff: Take the time to meet the shop foreman and understand the experience of the service facility’s staff. You can learn a lot from the people you meet and most shop owners or managers would gladly take the time to meet with you if they want your business.
7. Advanced Facility: Take the time to stop in and visit with the owner and look around the service facility. Is it neat, clean and organized? This is a good sign of the efficiency of the service provider, meaning shorting waiting periods and better chances of quality work.
8. BBB Ratings: Check the shop’s Better Business Bureau ratings and other certifications. BBB Ratings are great for evaluating the service center’s past and current performance.
9. Convenience: Being without your Mini Cooper is an inconvenience. Be sure to select a facility that provides complimentary concierge service or helps set you up with a rental vehicle if your car needs to stay overnight.
10. Warranty: In the event you should have an issue down the road, ensure that your service partner offers manufacturer warranties of at least 1-year on all parts.
[Here we’ll plugin reviews from the website]
Len Gilmore, shop owner and operator of German Auto Center, would like to invite you to become part of the Mini Cooper family by bringing your car in for your next service or repair. German Auto Center of Austin has a long standing relationship with Mini Cooper and has been in business since 1979. So come by and chat with us about how we can keep your Mini Cooper on the road for years to come.
Have a question about your luxury automobile or does your model need special work? Please ask by leaving a comment on our German Auto Center Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/germanautocenteratx) or call (512) 452-6437 and one of our experts will reply!
Please check out our reviews below!