Every Mercedes Benz is designed to provide you with exceptional performance for years to come. To maintain your Mercedes Benz, regardless of the model, specialized training, equipment and quality parts are needed to keep your vehicle on the road longer. Be sure to only trust a highly qualified service facility and facility with years of experience with Mercedes Benz models.
Len Gilmore, a Mercedes Benz expert in the Austin, TX area, recommends the following 10 tips to look out for when reviewing and considering a Mercedes Benz service center:
1. Experience: In order to properly service and repair your Mercedes Benz, it’s critical that the technicians working on your vehicle have the experience and training specific to Mercedes Benz. Many general mechanics are not familiar with the advanced technology behind Mercedes Benz models and any mistreatment can lead to costly repairs.
2. Mercedes Benz Equipment and Tools: To properly operate on a Mercedes Benz vehicle, it’s critical that the technician have access to Mercedes Benz specific diagnostic equipment. The diagnostic and control systems on your Mercedes Benz are specific to your vehicle and can only be accurately read with a current Mercedes Benz STAR diagnostic system. This is certainly a must!
3. Time in business: Always look to see how long a facility has been operational when selecting a service partner. In addition, check the experience of the technician that will be working on your vehicle.
4. Customer feedback: How are they doing? It is always recommended to look at what other Mercedes Benz owners are saying. A few tips include asking around, checking the company website and most importantly visit the facility and speak with the owner or manager.
5. Mercedes Benz Parts: Be sure to ask your potential service provider if they have direct access to Mercedes Benz genuine parts. For example, ask the service provider do you have access to all Mercedes Benz parts including TRP or Theft Relevant Parts such as shifters, transmission and engine control modules and keys. These items require special equipment and authorization from Mercedes Benz to be used.
6. Expert Mercedes Benz Staff: Take the time to meet the shop owner or manager to get a feel for their experience. You can learn a lot by talking with the people in charge to make sure you vehicle will be handled with the upmost care.
7. Mercedes Benz Facility: Take some time to stop in and visit the service facility. Is it neat, clean and organized? This can tell you a lot about where you will leave your car for some time.
8. BBB: Check the Better Business Bureau ratings and other certifications. Does the service center maintain an AAA+ rating year after year? If not, you may be leaving your car in the hands of an incompetent technician.
9. Convenience: Being without your vehicle is an inconvenience. This is why you should make sure the service facility provides complimentary concierge service, rental services, loaner cars or will take you to a place to rent a car if needed.
10. Warranty: In the event you should have an issue down the road, ensure that your service partner offers manufacturer warranties. These warranties should be specific to Mercedes Benz and be good for at least 1-year on all parts.
Len Gilmore would like to invite you to the German Auto Center family and would love to meet you. Feel free to call us at (512) 452-6437 or stop by for any questions.
Need some more guidance? Post your questions on our German Auto Center Facebook page and one of our experts will reply!
Stop by and speak with one of our shop managers or owner Len Gilmore. Please feel free to read our reviews below: