Sure, the Porsche 911 Carrera looks great, but is it running just as well? German Auto Center is a premier Porsche repair center in Austin, TX that has seen and fixed many 911 issues over the last 35 years. The Porsche 911 Carrera is an outstanding vehicle that provides power and performance, but it isn’t bulletproof.
Below is a list of some of the most common Porsche 911 problems that we’ve seen over the years.
• Leaks in the rear main seal
• Failure and premature wear of the intermediate shaft bearing
• Leak in the intermediate support cover o-ring
• IMS center bolt breaking
• Cracked cylinder liner
• Coolant loss – typically from cracked cylinder liner
• Failure of the chain tensioner
• Cracked cylinder heads
• Failure of the connecting rod bolts
• Variocam solenoid failure
• Air-oil separator failure and leaks
• Leaks in the coolant reservoir that causes persistent coolant loss
• Internal transmission problem that causes difficulty when downshifting from second
• Mass air flow sensor failure
• Relay failure in the DME system
• Catalytic converter failure and overheating
• Valve cover leaks
• Pinion failure (4WD models)
• Water leaks around the vent wing (Targa models)
• High pressure accumulator failure that causes low stored hydraulic pressure and can cause the vehicle to not start
• Brake fluid leak at the pressure switch
• Moisture and corrosion of ABS connections and control units
• Radial seal leak in the power steering pump
• Failure of the drive mechanism in the Cabriolet tops
• Failure of support struts in the hood and rear lid
• Failure in the hyaluronic pump relay
When you need Austin Porsche service for these and any other repair needs you can rely on German Auto Center to get the issue diagnosed and taken care of quickly. Give us a call at 512-452-6437 to schedule a time to come by the shop!
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact us all, German Auto Center has taken further steps to help ensure the safety of our customers the community and our employees. As German Auto Center has been deemed an essential business by the state of Texas, we will remain open through this trying time. We want you to feel confident in that German Auto Center has implemented CDC guidelines including;
For those that prefer not to come into the facility, German Auto Center offers a secure key drop outside the building and is able to process payments remotely via a simple call or text message, eliminating the need for a customer to enter the facility.
On behalf of the entire German Auto Center staff, we want you to feel confident that we will continue to do our best to serve our customers the community and our employees through this situation. Stay safe, stay home and know that we are here for you if you should need us.