Porsche 911 Carrera S Owner’s Guide
The Carrera S is one of the many 911 models to roll off the assembly line, but it’s caught a lot of people’s attention. After many 911 iterations, the Carrera S blends many of the best features from other models into one attractive, high-performance package.
Keep reading to get a closer look at what it’s like to own and drive a Porsche 911 Carrera S in Austin.
The Porsche 911 Carrera S Model Essentials
The Porsche 911 Carrera S model is known as the athlete of the lineup. Porsche’s engineers took what worked in the previous 911s and applied it full throttle to the Carrera S. The result is a car with amazing performance and all the modern amenities with classic 911 styling.
Porsche 911 Carrera S Performance
When you see an S in the name that stands for power. A more powerful engine is what sets the Porsche 911 Carrera S apart from the base Carrera and the Carrera 4 models. It was designed with larger turbochargers for more boost pressure and an enhanced exhaust system to produce extra horsepower. Of course, like the other 911s, the Porsche 911 Carrera S gets a power upgrade with the Sport Chrono Package.
The Porsche 911 Carrera S performance specs include:
- Twin-turbocharged boxer flat-6 engine
- 443 horsepower
- 0-to-60 in 3.3 seconds
- 191 mph top speed
- Up to 390 lb-ft torque
- Combined 20 MPG
- 7-speed manual transmission optional
- Integrated dry-sump lubrication
- MacPherson strut suspension with anti-roll bar
- Rear LSA multi-link suspension with roll bar
- Porsche Active Suspension Management
- Porsche Stability Management (PSM) System
- Stability control
- Traction control
- 2-stage ABS system
- Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB)
- Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC)
- Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus)
- Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) transmission system
- Emissions reducing intercooler
- Rear axle steering
- Electric power steering with variable steering ratio
- Auto stop/start
- Electronic stability control
- Porsche Traction Management
- Quad exhaust pipes
- SPORT driving mode
- SPORT PLUS diving mode
- SPORT Response
- WET driving mode
Porsche 911 Carrera S Pricing
The Porsche 911 Carrera S is a serious sports car with a seriously high price tag. The model starts at $113,300 before any upgrades – not that you’ll need them. For about $13,000 more you can get the convertible version.
Tech Features in the New Porsche 911 Carrera S Model
Performance may be the top selling point of the Porsche 911 Carrera S, but it isn’t a slouch in the tech department. From safety to comfort to entertainment, the new 911 Carrera S is one of the most advanced models yet.
The new Porsche 911 Carrera S model comes with tech features such as:
- ParkAssist for the front and rear
- ParkAssist with Surround View
- Lane change assist
- Lane keeping assist with traffic sign recognition
- Brake Assist
- Collision Assist
- Night vision assist
- Back-up camera
- Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus
- 10.9” high-res touchscreen
- Two high-res 7” displays
- Navigation system with Porsche Connect
- Porsche Communication Management System
- Automatic air circulation
- Air ionization function
- Sound Package Plus
Porsche 911 Carrera S Repair in Austin
Repairs are a part of Porsche ownership, even when a vehicle is as reliable at the 911 Carrera S. The 911 lineup has it’s own unique repair needs, and the S models have a few other quirks of their own that may need repair.
Some of the most common Porsche 911 Carrera S repairs in Austin include:
- Oil leaks (particularly in older models)
- Linkage failure in the shifter cables
- Push-pull cable failure
- Rotor distortion due to overheating
- Vibration from brakes overheating
There have only been a handful of recalls on the Porsche 911 Carrera S since 2012.
The latest one was for the 2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S (coupe version) because of bolts in the driveshaft not being tightened properly. It’s the perfect example of how letting a small repair go unaddressed can cause major problems.
Common Porsche 911 Carrera S Maintenance in Austin
Maintenance is another fact of life when you’re a car owner. Porsche has laid out a detailed maintenance schedule for the 911 Carrera S that starts at 7,500 miles. Common maintenance measures include:
- Tire rotation
- Oil change
- Oil filter change
- Fluid level checks
- Brake check
- Hose inspections
- Belt inspections
- Overall safety inspection
German Auto Center is fully equipped to handle Porsche 911 Carrera S service in Austin. Our techs have over 100 years of combined experience working on the finest luxury vehicles that require exceptional expertise. Give us a call today to learn more about our Porsche 911 Carrera S services.