Porsche Taycan Turbo S Owner’s Guide
If you’re the type that test drove the Taycan Turbo and thought it could use a little more power, then Porsche made the Taycan Turbo S model for you. It’s a true testament to the fact that electric vehicles can hold their own with any supercar that’s on the road.
Find out what it’s really like to drive and own a Porsche Taycan Turbo S in Austin.
The Porsche Taycan Turbo S Model Essentials
You’ll sacrifice 20 miles on the driving range, but for those that are interested in the Porsche Taycan Turbo S it’s a small price to pay for the added power. Because that’s what you’re really paying for. In all honesty, the S model is virtually the same as the standard Taycan Turbo with a few key performance upgrades.
Porsche Taycan Turbo S Performance
When the Launch Control is engaged the Taycan Turbo S is scary fast. Surprisingly, the top speed is the same as the Taycan Turbo, but the S model has more power to get up to that top speed even quicker. The key difference is that the Taycan Turbo S comes equipped with the Performance Battery Plus, which provides an extra jolt of power.
Porsche Taycan Turbo S models boast performance specs such as:
- AC Permanent Synchronous Motor (560kW/750hp)
- Performance Plus Battery
- Up to 750 horsepower
- 0-to-60 in 2.6 seconds
- 161 mph top speed
- Up to 774 lb-ft torque
- Up to 201 mile range
- 70 MPGe combined
- 800-volt battery architecture
- Overboost Power with Launch Control
- AC charging time 10.5 hours
- DC charging time as little as 22.5 minutes
- Adaptive air suspension
- Porsche Active Suspension Management with Smart Lift
- 2-speed transmission on the rear axle
- Integrated Porsche 4D Chassis Control
- Porsche Recuperation Management
- Porsche Traction Management
- Porsche ceramic composite brakes
- 10-piston aluminum monobloc fixed brake calipers in front
- 4-piston aluminum monobloc fixed brake calipers in back
- Rear axle steering
- Power Steering Plus
- Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus)
- Multiple drive modes
- Porsche Active Aerodynamics
- Active air intake flaps
- Adaptive rear spoiler
- Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus
- Dynamic Chassis Control Sport
Porsche Taycan Turbo S Pricing
The Porsche Taycan Turbo S comes in at $185,000 starting. It’s a price tag that lets you know you’re buying a supercar that can’t get much faster.
Tech Features in the New Porsche Taycan Turbo S Model
You may not buy a Porsche Taycan Turbo S for the tech features, but it’s definitely an advanced EV. While it doesn’t come standard with things like heads up display and Lane Change Assist, Porsche covered most of the bases to keep the Taycan competitive with similar teched out electric vehicles.
The latest Porsche Taycan Turbo S has impressive tech features that include:
- Porsche Advanced Cockpit
- Voice Pilot voice command control with natural speech interaction
- Direct Touch Control in center console
- Porsche Communication Management System
- Porsche Connect system
- Online and 3D navigation
- Bose sound system with 14 speakers
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- USB-C ports
- Inductive smartphone charging compartment
- Heated rear window with auto-off function
- Rain sensing wipers
- Charging timers and planner
- Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus
- LED Interior Lighting Concept
- Ambient interior lighting
- Porsche Vehicle Tracking system
- Alarm system with radar detection
- Advanced 2-zone climate control
- Automatic air circulation
- Parking with pre-climatization
- 18-way power adaptive sport front seats
- Heated seating in the front and rear
- Warn and Brake Assist
- Rollover detection
- Lane keep assist with traffic sign recognition
- ParkAssist with reverse camera
Porsche Taycan Turbo S Repair in Austin
When a model is as new as the Taycan Turbo S it’s difficult to say if it will have common repair issues. And unfortunately, the all-electric system is something that has only been done in the Taycans, so there’s no direct comparison in the Porsche lineup.
Barring repairs due to driver error, the battery is something to keep an eye on. Eventually the battery will need to be replaced in any electric vehicle. The battery in the Taycan Turbo S is under warranty for eight years and should easily last 10+ years with proper maintenance.
Common Porsche Taycan Turbo S Maintenance in Austin
Keeping your Porsche Taycan Turbo S properly maintained is easier than you think if you’re used to driving a gas guzzler. Regular maintenance is still vital for top performance, it’s just a little different when you own an EV.
Porsche recommends that maintenance on the Taycan Turbo S start at 10,000 miles. Here’s what needs to be done:
- General safety inspection
- Check the brakes
- Flush and replace the brake fluid
- Inspect wiper blades and fluid levels
- Tire rotation
- Air filter replacement for the cabin
Don’t trust your electric supercar to just any shop. At German Auto Center you know you’ll get expert Porsche Taycan Turbo S service in Austin without overpaying. With a fully equipped service center and mechanics with more than 100 years of combined experience, we can handle all of your Porsche Taycan Turbo S repair, performance and maintenance needs.
Give us a call today to schedule an appointment or learn more about Porsche repair services.