Porsche Taycan Turbo Owner’s Guide
You like the Porsche Taycan’s all-electric motor, classic yet fresh design and ability to chauffeur four people comfortably. And while it’s got a lot more power than many other vehicles, especially off the line, you’re still yearning for more speed and agility. If that sounds familiar, you may already have your eye on the Porsche Taycan Turbo.
Find out why this model is being called the supercar of EVs and what it’s like to own a Porsche Taycan Turbo in Austin.
The Porsche Taycan Turbo Model Essentials
The Taycan Turbo is extremely forward-thinking while still staying true to what Porsche has always stood for – a thrilling ride wrapped in high design. Some think that this model is overkill given that the 4S has so much power. But those aren’t the drivers for this electric vehicle. The Porsche Taycan Turbo was built for drivers who prioritize pure driving enjoyment over practicality.
Porsche Taycan Turbo Performance
Performance is what separates the Porsche Taycan Turbo model from the Taycan 4S. They are basically the same vehicle except the Turbo has way more horsepower and torque that puts it on the level of a supercar. In other words, it’s a vehicle that requires a driver who can handle what’s under the hood.
From a start, the Taycan Turbo is a beast. And because it’s all-electric the boosted acceleration doesn’t get sluggish. That power paired with precise steering, exceptional handling and beautiful design is making the Porsche Taycan Turbo stand out as an EV frontrunner.
The newest Porsche Taycan Turbo performance specs include:
- AC Permanent Synchronous Motor (500kW/670hp)
- Up to 670 horsepower
- 0-to-60 in 3 seconds
- 161 mph top speed
- Up to 626 lb-ft torque
- Up to 221 mile range
- 73 MPGe combined
- Overboost Power with Launch Control
- 2-speed transmission on the rear axle
- Porsche Recuperation Management
- Porsche Traction Management
- DC charging time as little as 22.5 minutes
- AC charging time 10.5 hours
- Adaptive air suspension
- Porsche Active Suspension Management with Smart Lift
- Integrated Porsche 4D Chassis Control
- Porsche Surface Coated Brakes
- 6-piston aluminum monobloc fixed brake calipers in front
- 4-piston aluminum monobloc fixed brake calipers in back
- Multiple drive modes
- Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus)
- Power Steering Plus
- Porsche Active Aerodynamics
- Adaptive rear spoiler
- Active air intake flaps
- Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus
- 800-volt battery architecture
- Dynamic Chassis Control Sport
Porsche Taycan Turbo Pricing
The all-electric Porsche Taycan Turbo starts at $150,900. The $7,500 federal tax credit will at least help cover the cost of a few extras like heads up display ($1,850) and the performance package ($5,400).
Tech Features in the New Porsche Taycan Turbo Model
It’s the extra little luxuries, like heated back seats, that separate the Taycan Turbo models from other cars in Porsche’s electric lineup. Very few conveniences and creature comforts were left out, however the most advanced features are still reserved as upgrades. But having a vehicle that can park itself remotely, be controlled with voice commands and tracked with an app is pretty technologically advanced.
The tech features in the latest Porsche Taycan Turbo model include:
- Porsche Advanced Cockpit
- Voice Pilot voice command control
- Direct Touch Control in center console
- Porsche Communication Management System
- Porsche Connect system
- Inductive charging compartment for smartphones
- Automatic heated rear window
- LED Interior Lighting Concept
- Ambient interior lighting
- Rain sensing wipers
- Advanced 2-zone climate control
- Automatic air circulation
- Parking with pre-climatization
- 14-way power front seats
- Heated seating in the front and rear
- Rollover detection
- Alarm system with interior radar detection
- Porsche Vehicle Tracking system
- Warn and Brake Assist
- Lane keep assist with traffic sign recognition
- ParkAssist in front and rear with reverse camera
- 3D navigation
- USB-C ports
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Bose sound system with 14 speakers
- Charging planner
- Lane change assist
- Night vision assist
Porsche Taycan Turbo Repair in Austin
If you have been driving a Porsche Taycan Turbo in the U.S., then you are somewhat of a guinea pig when it comes to real road performance and reliability. The model is so new there’s no way of telling just yet if there are electrical gremlins or engine concerns that might be a common problem.
Like all electric cars, something that does need to be monitored is battery performance. Porsche offers a generous warranty and after eight years the battery should have a 70% capacity. You can drive for years without noticing a difference, but eventually all batteries will need to be replaced.
Common Porsche Taycan Turbo Maintenance in Austin
Every supercar needs maintenance to maintain top speeds and performance. Fortunately, the electric engine in the Taycan Turbo means there are fewer things to check when it’s time for regular maintenance. You won’t have to schedule the first service until you hit 10,000 miles. At that point we will:
- Rotate the tires
- Replace the cabin air filter
- Check the brakes
- Flush and replace the brake fluid
- Check the wiper blades and fluid levels
- Perform an overall safety inspection
German Auto Center has been a go-to local shop for Porsche owners for over 40 years, and we’re fully equipped to provide Porsche Taycan Turbo service in Austin. Skip the long wait and high prices at the dealership for personalized service from mechanics with 100+ years of combined experience.
Give us a call to schedule an appointment or learn more about Porsche Taycan repair, performance and maintenance services from German Auto Center.