BMW Alpina B7 Owner’s Guide
The BMW Alpina B7 is a full-size sedan that will go from 0 to 60 in under four seconds. That alone will peak the interest of any avid driver. It’s an impressive feat considering the Alpina B7 is one of the biggest, boldest sedans in the BMW 7 Series.
Of course, a partnership between BMW and Alpina is going to produce a car with a serious amount of muscle and elegance. There’s also an element of exclusivity and style that will appeal to all luxury vehicle drivers.
The BMW Alpina B7 Model Essentials
The limited production BMW Alpina B7 is sure to get the attention of car collectors who appreciate engine innovation. In addition to the low production numbers, owners can also customize their BMW Aplina B7 inside and out, making them all one-of-a-kind.
Performance and Pricing
Like other sedans in the BMW 7 Series, the Alpina B7 has been constructed with a Carbon Core for enhanced performance and agility. The Carbon Core makes the BMW Alpine B7 stronger yet lighter while giving it a lower center of gravity. The only thing that could rival the Carbon Core is the Bi-Turbo 4.4-liter TwinPower Turbo V8 engine. Add Alpina suspension and you have a machine that will handle like a racecar and can still seat five comfortably.
The new BMW Alpina B7 features the following performance specs:
- 600 horsepower
- 0-to-60 in as little as 3.6 seconds
- Up to 590 lb-ft torque
- Top speed of 193
- All wheel drive
- Driving Dynamics Control with five modes
- Electronic throttle control
- Servotronic power-steering assist
- 8 speed sport automatic transmission with 3 shift modes and ALPINA SWITCH-TRONIC software
- 2-axle self-leveling air suspension
- Alpina sport suspension
- Adaptive Drive with Alpina software
- Active Roll Stabilization
- Electronically controlled engine cooling
- Dynamic Damper Control with Alpina software
- Dynamic Traction Control
- Dynamic Stability Control
- Dynamic Brake Control
- Brake standby features
- Cornering Brake Control
- Park Distance Control in the front and rear
- Dynamic Cruise Control
- Auto start-stop
- Active kidney grille
- ALPINA signature exhaust system with quad tailpipes
A new BMW Alpina B7 starts at $137,000. For some it’s a small price to pay for a machine with that much power, fine finishings and the Alpina emblem.
When you step it up to a BMW Alpina B7 you can expect extreme attention to detail, like hand-finished Nappa leather upholstery and a handcrafted leather dash. Even the controls are upgraded to ceramic. And of course, the Alpina esthetic is incorporated throughout.
The BMW Alpina B7’s interior is both spacious and sporty, just one interior advantage of a full-size sedan. Up front the 20-way adjustable seats make comfort a given. There’s lumbar support, an active headrest, thigh support and a massage feature. In the back passengers get 44” of legroom themselves. Add the executive package and you’ll get more interior upgrades, including reclining backseats.
BMW gave the Alpina B7 virtually every one of its most impressive innovations. Even if you don’t make use of features like the gesture control system or the head-up display, it’s cool to have cutting-edge technology that may pave the way for future driving.
The BMW Alpina B7 includes a number of high tech features like:
- Display key with LCD touchscreen
- Full LED instrument panel
- Head up display
- Rearview camera
- Voice command system
- 7” touch command tablet controller
- Advanced navigation system that learns common routes
- Panoramic moonroof
- Harman Kardon® Surround Sound Audio Systemwith 16 speakers
- iDrive 5.0 system
- Gesture control capabilities
- Advanced real time traffic information
- SiriusXM® Satellite Radio with 1-year subscription
- Ambient lighting
- LED light carpet
- Enhanced Bluetooth
- Enhanced USB
- Power outlets
- 20-way multi-contour front seats with lumbar support
- Ground illuminating lights in the door handles
- 3-stage heated front seats
- Heated rear seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Automatic 4-zone climate control
- Anti-theft alarm and audio system
- Automatic soft-close doors
- Park distance control
- Rain sensing windshield wipers
Common BMW Alpina B7 Maintenance in Austin
Drivers that invest in a BMW Alpina B7 in Austin know that maintenance is a must. From freezing and extreme heat to the constant road construction, keeping the engine in pristine condition takes work. The most common BMW Alpina B7 maintenance in Austin includes:
- General diagnosis
- Automatic transmission diagnosis
- Oil servicing
- Wheel rotation and alignment
- Brake pad replacement
The Expanded Check Control vehicle monitor system can help you gauge when it’s time for maintenance. Our technicians at German Auto Center can also help you create a custom maintenance schedule for your BMW Alpina B7.
BMW Alpina B7 Repair in Austin
Given the amount of work that goes into creating each Alpina B7 it’s no surprise owners have very few complaints. With exception of accidents on the road we’ve seen very few BMW Alpina B7 repairs in Austin. There have also been no recalls to worry about.
The most common repairs Alpina B7 owners have had to fix are:
- Water pump replacement
- Oil pump replacement
- Waste gate issues that cause engine rattling
The team at German Auto Center can handle all of these repairs and any other type of BMW Alpina B7 service in Austin. Our Bosch-authorized service center has been working on BMWs for nearly 40 years and our techs have over 100 years of combined experience. Come by or call today if you need maintenance or repairs on your BMW Alpina B7.